Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I finished the quilting....

on my mother in laws quilt today!!! I cheated....I decided to finish it on the sewing machine. It was definitely harder to keep everything straight and taught, but it was alot quicker and like the look of it better. Now all I have to do is bind it.

I am very excited that I am getting a Brothers embroidery/sewing machine next month!!! Not exactly sure on what model I am getting yet as I am still not really sure on how much embroidery I will really do. You know how it is....you just have to have some sort of machine to do this or that. I can do all kinds of things to go onto my etsy store, make for the kids, grandbabies.....but when it comes right down to it how much will I actually do LOL

Speaking of kids and grandbabies....My middle daughter and her hubby and 2 babies just left. They came over with the movie "Quarantine" If you are into scarey, creepy movies this one is for you!

Well, I am off to spend some time on my home away from home swap-bot.com.

3 comments:

  1. Swap bot's addicting isn't it?
    I've just started to do the blog thing too,only I have two so that's going to be interesting. It looks like you're off to a good start!The quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blog world - lots of fun to journal your progress through your crafts and swapbot adventures. I started off with this pink layout too - I have slowly worked out how to customise my look :)
    Have included your blog in my list that I follow so I can see your posts from time to time

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome news about the embroidery machine! I am shopping around for one myself.. I bet you will use it a lot once you get it home. :) Keep us posted!
    btw.. Congrats on the new blog!

    Huggs,
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete